Welcome to Massage Therapy
by Craig Botha (Therapeutic Massage Therapist)
Book yourself a massage...
Your body will thank you.
Soothing, Relaxing, Healing...
Kempton Park, 082 812 9721
Let the stress melt away, and the calmness wash over you.
Massage works for everybody, young and old.
What is medical massage?
Medical massage is another word for therapeutic massage, and therapeutic massage is any massage that promotes healing. It includes a range of massage modalities such as:
- Sports Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Yeru (flowing) massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Pregnancy Massage Prenatal massage, or pregnancy massage, is for expecting mother who want to do everything to give themselves and their child a healthy start in life?
- Lymph drainage massage
- Medical Outcomes Based Massage (for a range of medical conditions).
Benefits of regular massage therapy include:
- Reduced stress levels.
- Improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Prevention and treatment of sports injuries.
- Emotional healing.
- Spiritual healing.
- Psychological healing.
- Trauma recovery.
- Pain reduction (including general muescle pain, tenssion headaches, migraines, back painetc.).
- Accelerated recovery from hard physical training.
- Cellulite reduction.
- Improve body image.
- Improved immune function.
- Treatment of auto-immune diseases.
- Improved lymph flow and drainage.
- Aid in the treatment of a range of health conditions, from cancer to fibromyalgia, addiction, HIV/AIDS, incontinence, pelvic floor pain, IBS , insomnia, or even those struggling to fall pregnant.
And much, much more
However, you don't need a reason to book a massage. Treat yourself to the healing qualities of a soothing massage, while at the same time de-stressing the mind and easing all those tight muscles, boosting your immune system and improving your health. Leave your treatment feeling on top of the world.
As an endurance sports man, I have come to value the benefits of regular massage. Although a one-off treatment is always good, the true benefits of massage are only realized with regular sessions of between once a week to
once every 4 weeks.
Why? - It's all about health and well-being.
So, if you're in need of a sports massage, or a nice relaxing massage to take away the stress of daily life, or you just want to pamper yourself, give me a call and book yourself a soothing, relaxing and restorative massage at my beautiful, peaceful studio, or in the comfort of your own home. today.
Massage can be very addictive and habit forming, you will want to come back again and again, but this is one addiction that is good for you.
5 questions to ask about your massage therapist:
1. Are they properly qualified?
2. Are they legally registered?
3. Do they listen to your needs?
4. Do they care about your health
5. Do they achieve their claimed results?
1. The minimum legal qualification in South Africa is a 2 year diploma in therapeutic massage.
I exceed this minimum, and I have over 14 years experience.
2. I am registered with AHPCSA (which is a legal requirement),
I am also registered with the Board of Health Funders (BHF), which means that I have a practice number recognised buy medical aids, I am also a member of the Massage Therapy Association of South Africa (MTASA), as well as the Aromatherapy Association of South Africa (AROMASA).
3. It is the client that really matters, so if I don't hear their need, I can't meet it. Over 14 years as a massage therapist has taught me to listen. I also have a certificate in counselling which is all about listening.
4. Health is what it is all about. It is why I am so passionate about massage. It is because I care about your health that I may also challenge you to make changes with regard to your exercise, eating, and smoking habits etc. The question then becomes: Do you care about your own health?
5. Many in the health and fitness industry will make unrealistic claims about the results that they can achieve.
As a professional health provider I have learned that it is reckless to make unrealistic claims. What I can do is give you information about the expected benefits of regular massage. It is possible to realise some of those benefits in a one off massage, but the success rate becomes much higher with regular massage. It is also important to note that only about 90% of my clients get the expected benefits. This means that for about 10% they don't get the expected results. There are a number of reasons for this, from poor communication, to unrealistic expectations, health complications, or external facts such as bad habits to do with posture, exercise, poor sleeping habits, work demands etc. However, even when the clients expectations are not realised, they may still experience the benefits of massage.
Select the extent of massage you would like, e.g.:
Back and legs massage, or
Full body massage.
Select the duration of your massage (prices are time based):
Duration Choices (during office hour):
30min massage R300
45min massage R350
60min massage R420
Full Massage Price List
75min massage R500
90min massage R580
Credit card facilities available
Missed appointments are charged at the full rate, unless cancelled at least 24 hours before.
Medical aid refunds:
Good news: Discovery and Parlmed will reimburse you for your therapeutic massage treatments, depending on your particular scheme, and Momentum Health have indicated that they will also look into starting to pay for therapeutic massage therapy.
Even if your medical adi does not pay, you can still claim for therapeutic massage on your income tax return.
I look forward to hearing from you. You can also join my news mailing list at
Medical massage mailing list.
Should you wish to contact me, Craig Botha, e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
or dial 082 812 7921
Based in Kempton Park.