by Craig Botha
Soothing, Relaxing, Healing
Kempton Park, 082 812 9721
Let the stress melt away, and the calmness wash over you.
Select the type of massage you would like, e.g.:
-Yeru (flowing) massage
-Deep Tissue Massage
-Medical Outcomes Based Massage
Select the duration of your massage (prices are time based):
30min massage (eg. back and neck or legs) R250
45min massage (back and legs) R320
60min massage (back or full body) R380
90min massage R550
For mobile massage add R270 for every 25km (or part there of).
Cash is best, but I can take cards.
Missed appointments are charged at the full rate, unless cancelled at least 24 hours before.
Full Massage Price List
Massage is for everybody young and old.
How? - Identify how you would like to benefit from massage, be it:
- Reduce the risk of sports injuries,
- Reduce the effects of stress on your health,
- Get rid of those tension headaches,
- Improve body image,
- Speed up recovery after injury, or
- Aid in the treatment of a range of health conditions, from cancer to fibromyalgia.
Massage is for everybody young and old.
Why? - It's all about health and welbeing.
What? - Massage therapy... It has a whole range of benefits for emotional, spiritual, and physical health.
Book yourself a soothing, relaxing and restorative massage at my beautiful, peaceful studio, or in the comfort of your own home.
What is medical massage?
Medical massage, or therapeutic massage, is any massage given with a therapeutic outcome as the goal. In practical terms this could be:
- A relaxing massage to combat the effects of stress on the body and mind. (I offer Swedish massage and the Yeru massage).
- Sports massage for the prevention and treatment of ports injuries. Regular sports massage should always be part of your training.
- Condition specific massage treatments for a whole range of conditions. These may be anything from chronic pain to cancer treatments, and from improving body image to treating fibromyalgia, autoimmune diseases, addiction, HIV/AIDS, incontinence, pelvic floor pain, or even those struggling to fall pregnant and so much more.
- Prenatal massage, for expecting mother who want to do everything to give themselves and their child a healthy start in life?
Regular massage has been proved time and time again to be the best thing you can do for your body and mind. It reduces stress, calms the mind, improves body image, improves immune response, and helps muscles recover from hard training. No matter what the type of massage, you're going to come away feeling better for it.
So, if you're in need of a sports massage, or a nice relaxing massage to take away the stress of daily life, or you just want to pamper yourself, give me a call and book your massage today.
Massage can be very addictive and habit forming, you will want to come back again and again, but this is one addiction that is good for you.
5 questions to ask about your massage therapist:
1. Are they properly qualified?
2. Are they legally registered?
3. Do they listen to your needs?
4. Do they care about your health
5. Do they achieve their claimed results?
1. The minimum legal qualification in South Africa is a 2 year diploma in therapeutic massage.
I exceed this minimum, and I have over 10 years experience.
2. I am registered with AHPCSA (which is a legal requirement),
I am also registered with the Board of Health Funders (BHF), which means that I have a practice number recognised buy medical aids, I am also a member of the Massage Therapy Association of South Africa (MTASA), as well as the Aromatherapy Association of South Africa (AROMASA).
3. It is the client that really matters, so if I don't hear their need, I can't meet it. Over 10 years as a massage therapist has taught me to listen. I also have a certificate in counselling which is all about listening.
4. Health is hat it is all about. It is why I am so passionate about massage. It is because I care about your health that I may also challenge you to make changes with regard to your exercise, eating, and smoking habits etc. The question then becomes: Do you care about your own health?
5. Many in the health and fitness industry will make unrealistic claims about the results that they can achieve.
As a professional health provider I have learned that it is reckless to make unrealistic claims. What I can do is give you information about the expected benefits of regular massage. It is possible to realise some of those benefits in a one off massage, but the success rate becomes much higher with regular massage. It is also important to note that only about 90% of my clients get the expected benefits. This means that for about 10% they don't get the expected results. There are a number of reasons for this, from poor communication, to unrealistic expectations, health complications, or external facts such as bad habits posture, exercise, poor sleeping habits, work demands etc. However, even when the clients expectations are not realised, they may still experience the benefits of massage.
Some of the benefits of massage may include:
- Improved immune function.
- Relief of muscle tension and pain.
- Detoxification the body.
- Improved body image.
- Psychological healing.
- Reduced cellulite (deep connective tissue massage)
- Improved circulation
- Reduced risk of stress related diseases
- Speedy recovery from hard training or sports events.
Anybody can have a massage at any time, for any reason.
A regular massage is one of the most basic health needs for everybody, for both physical and psychological
health. Treat yourself to the healing qualities of a soothing
massage, while at the same time de-stressing the mind and easing
all those tight muscles, boosting your immune system and improving
your health. Leave your treatment feeling on top of the world.
As an endurance sports man, I have come to value the benefits of regular massage. Although a one-off treatment is always good, the true benefits of massage are only realized with regular sessions of between once a week to
once every 4 weeks.
I look forward to hearing from you. You can also join my news mailing list at
Medical massage mailing list.
www.medicalmassage.co.za Site map:
Modalities of massage therapy that I offer
Deep connective tissue (DCT) massage
Medical outcomes based massage therapy
Lymphatic drainage massage
Lymphatic breast care massage
The Yeru, super relaxing full body massage
Swedish massage, the classical Western style of massage therapy
Trigger point therapy
Outcomes based massage therapy would include, but not be limited to the following conditions:
Anorexia and massage therapy
Breast massage for prevention of breast cancer
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and massage therapy
Endometriosis and massage therapy
Female impotence and massage therapy
Fibromyalgia and massage therapy
Hashimotos cancer and massage therapy
Male impotence and massage therapy
Mesothelioma and massage therapy
Pelvic floor pain/tightness and massage therapy
Piriformis syndrome and massage therapy
Thoracic outlet syndrome and massage therapy
Links to information pages
Price list, working hours, and gift vouchers
Massage Course (Learn how do to give a Swedish massage)
Khreeo massage oils online shopping portal
Buy a Voucher
Contact details and address
Commentary on erotic massage
What to expect from a massage therapy session
Frequently asked questions about my massage therapy
How to get the best out of massage therapy
Indications and contraindications for massage therapy
Subscribe to news and updates
My massage therapy qualifications and a info about me
Standards of practice
My name is Craig Botha
and I am a registered therapeutic massage therapist
based in Kempton Park , but I also travel to clients in Gauteng,
South Africa. Towns I travel to include those on the East Rand, like Edenvale, Boksburg, Benoni, Bedfordview, and Midrand. Further afield like Sandton, Centurion, Pretoria, Johannesburg, and Randburg will cost more.